SECRETS OF MAAAAAAAAAAAAD MARKETING
SOMEONE WROTE A POST ASKING ME HOW SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE RAISED THE INITIAL CAPITAL THEY STARTED WITH
It was a long post.
He had watched a video of my story about starting an egg distribution business.
Surely, no one can pull off the capacity of egg distribution business I currently run if you dont have over half a billion Naira in capital. You can't do it. That amount of inventory and infrastructure and team and technology sits on massive massive capital funding. Without deep insight, you'll think Chioma is buying and selling eggs. But if only you know the kind of backend that powers such volume of inventory, it is far deeper than just buying and selling. Only those with deep business wisdom can see these things. Others think it is buying and selling.
Anyways....
The question is - "Since business requires such huge capital, why are successful people not telling us where they got the inital money from?
Here's my answer.
I will answer for myself.
I dont know where others got huge capital from, so I cannot speak for them.
But I can speak for myself.
Chioma started by selling her skills as services.
Bookkeeping, accounting software, consulting, tax filings and data entry.
Chioma always believed in big numbers and maaaaad marketing, so she served and scaled more than others who were doing the same business.
In one year, Chioma will deploy accounting software for over 200 businesses. How many other accountants have you ever seen doing such numbers??? Probably, none.
So from these services, Chioma scaled the numbers, then Chioma pivoted to a place where she could scale faster and higher without a cap on her revenues, based on her available time and energy.
I went into Edtech. I could teach paid classes of thousands of people with same energy but more revenues. The cap was removed.
This helped build more and faster revenue.
Chioma stopped one-to-one services for businesses.
Ofcourse, still having the mentality of big numbers and maaaaad marketing, Chioma scaled her numbers beyond the typical numbers we hear from others.
Now because the cost versus revenues in these sort of businesses are very far apart, it leaves you with a lot of available capital that you can then put into any physical business.
Let's take a simple example.
Imagine you teach an online class of 2000 people and each paid 40k. You made 80million Naira. Lets assume that marketing and all other costs is 10million. You have a profit of 70million.
Now imagine again that you repeat this process maybe 3, 4 or 5 times in a year. You would end that year with over 200 million in profits.
Now imagine you do this for many many years. And through those years, you are getting better at your skills, you are winning more external funds and support, you have a solid team that helps out, plus you have a bad-as$ knack for consistency + focus.
That's the answer you seek.
That's how people like Chioma raise massive capital to fund physical businesses.
I dont know about others, i only know about people like Chioma.
They leverage their brains
They leverage the online huge market
They leverage technology
They believe in big numbers
They push harder than others
They use maaaaad focus + consistency
They use maaaaad marketing
They move the rock
That's it
I hope this brings clarity to someone who is very angry at successful people because you think they are refusing to tell you the secret of how they raised huge money that got them started.
The truth is - People like Chioma started from the scratch, but you dont want to hear it. You want to hear some magic. And there's none for me to tell asides what I wrote here.
#chiomaifeanyieze
See less
Comments
Post a Comment