PASTOR MATTHEW ASHIMOLOWO
THEY USED MY NAME TO SELL MOWE. I WAS THE FIRST PERSON TO BUY LAND IN MOWE AND I BOUGHT 900 HECTARES IN MOWE.
I WAS WORTH 100 HUMMER JEEPS BEFORE I BOUGHT ONE.
I REFUSED TO BUILD A HOUSE OR BUY A NICE CAR AT A YOUNG AGE BUT THAT IS THE PROBLEM OF THIS GENERATION; ALL WE WANT TO DO IS TO WEAR DESIGNERS AND BUY NICE CARS. THAT'S NOT HOW TO CREATE WEALTH.
- Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo
Wherever you are this afternoon hearing the sound of my voice, may I ask you to raise one hand towards heaven as a point of contact to the Holy Spirit:
Omnipotent power of mercy and grace, Spirit of the living God, bless your people this day. Let the entrance of your word change their lives. Let the Word impact Your people, let Your name be glorified in Jesus' name.
Remember yesterday that I told you there are three reasons why they clap in the Bible; the first is to announce battle against the enemy, the second is to announce victory over the devil and the third is to welcome the King of all kings, the Lord of lords, the Alpha, the Omega, the Beginning, the End, our Shield, our Master, the Rod in the hand of Moses, the Stone in the hand of David, the Conqueror of conquerors; magnify the Lord.
Lord we receive Your blessing on the Word this day, let lives be transformed. Let people be impacted in Jesus' name.
You may be seated in the presence of the Lord.
What a joy and what a privilege to be here again this afternoon, I'm trusting the Lord that this teaching will really transform your life; bless your life, bring you into the fullness of all that God has for you in the name of Jesus.. One more time, I want to celebrate our parents in the Lord, thank God for Baba Adeboye and for mummy Folu Adeboye, put your hands together and bless the Lord for them.
I have known Baba for 41 years when I was a young pastor in foursquare, I was his interpreter when he came to preach there, 41 years ago. I want to thank God for consistency, for them being a blessing; a magnified blessing to the Body of Christ. The world celebrates them and the world talks about the grace of God on their lives and we must never take our blessing for granted.
The quality of leadership over you determines how far you will go in life. The challenge of Africa is not the absence of resources but the absence of quality leaders.. The oxymoron of Africa is that it is the Continent with the greatest mineral resources but the poorest people on earth because her problem is the problem of leadership. But that's not what I came to teach you, I just want you to let you know; so when God plants you under a good leader, you must appreciate them. One more time, thank God for the leadership of the Redeemed Christian Church of God.
This afternoon, I'm going to try not to preach. I'm going to try to just teach quietly if that is possible. What I'm about to do this afternoon is to shake your mind, shake your brain, your thinking, move you from where you used to be to where you ought to be.
My teaching today is about changing your mindset. The problem with many of us is that we are stuck in the way we think (Proverbs 23:7, Romans 12:1-2). You cannot renew a concrete mind. The place you are seated on today, before they placed those tiles, they first poured concrete then they placed the tiles. Once the concrete is set, it is set forever unless you bring a sledge hammer to break it.
Many are not making progress because their mind is set and my teaching this afternoon is what you need if you want to; create wealth, move into quality leadership, see success in ministry, stop blaming the Nigeria government and start taking charge of your own destiny. In the words of John Fitzgerald Kennedy; "ask not what your nation can do for you. Ask for what you can do for the nation". If you keep blaming the country and blaming your nation, you will stay there forever because unfortunately the challenge of Africa is that some people have seized the mechanism of government but you can seize your own destiny so that nobody holds you in one place with your life and this afternoon, I will be teaching on the mindset.
I want you to know that there are two kinds of mindsets:
1. The growth mindset
2. The fixed mindset. When your mind is fixed, there is a limit to what we can do for you.
A growth mindset sees failure as an opportunity to grow more. A fixed mindset sees failure as the limit of their lives. Once a man has a fixed mindset, if he fails, he would say; "well that is it, I can't help it. My life is finished. I knew I can never amount to anything". The devil is a liar. I see you on top.
Look at three people besides you and tell them; "I will see you at the top"
A growth mindset tells itself, "I can do anything I commit my mind to do". A fixed mindset will say, "I'm not good enough, I can't achieve it. I can't be it". A growth mindset will say, "My effort, my attitude determines my altitude in life, not my master's degree". There are many of us who have degrees but we don't have a growth mindset. When you have a fixed mindset, you tell yourself: "My potential is already determined. There is nothing I can do; I can never rise anymore". But I came to let you know that the devil is a liar. Where God has destined for you to reach, the devil can't stop you, he can't stand and there is nothing he can do about you. If you believe this say amen.
A growth mindset receives feedback as constructive. A growth mindset accepts correction, take a note on it, prepare to change and demonstrate a new attitude. A fixed mindset will see criticism as personal. "There is nothing we do here that is ever right" and when you have that kind of mind, you cannot go very far.
I'm just beginning to lay foundations because many of us, you will want me to show you 15 ways to have wealth, 20 steps to increase your abundance, 17 things about real estate, 25 things about properties, 17 things about how to become a billionaire but if I cannot change your mind, I cannot change your money because you see, money is a neutral instrument. Money does not know the owner. It is just a current that's why we call it currency. It is flowing; it is either flowing to you or flowing away from you.
- From today it shall flow to you!
If money is currency, some people's currency is a little tiny stream, others, it is a big river. I pray for you today; money will flow to you and the currency will increase.
For example, I run a wealth academy. I'm teaching 20-35 -year-old that they can make their wealth before they are forty and not wait like my generation, who waited until 65 to pension and by the time they even start collecting the pension, they have nothing other than pension and some broken houses in their village. But your generation have an opportunity to breakthrough and to make wealth because if you have the right mindset, you can enter where your fathers and your mothers never entered.
- I pray for you today, your story will change. What your fathers never achieved, you will achieve a thousand more; a thousand times favour, testimony and glory.
Before I go further, let me just tell you; my father served in the Nigeria army for 30 years and then he died in Biafra and then one day I went to speak somewhere, in a corporate organization and for my speaking for thirty minutes, what they gave me as my honorarium for speaking for thirty minutes was more than the man's salary for 30 years. That is what I came to teach you today.
Growth mindset will say; "I am inspired by other people's success". When you have a growth mindset, when you see success, you don't get angry or critical, you don't criticize, you don't belittle. Let me tell you; anytime you see success and you criticize it; you have just exited yourself from success.. Anytime you see wealth and you criticize it; you have just exited yourself from wealth. How do you want to become one when you cannot accept another man's blessing?
Fixed mindset will react differently. A fixed mindset, when it sees success, it gives up easily. A growth mindset likes to try new things.
A growth mindset is an investor mindset; a fixed mindset is a saver's mindset. Investing is different from saving. In Nigeria, when you put your money in shaving's account, I don't call it savings because the bank is shaving you. When you put your money in shaving's account, the bank will give you two per cent or one per cent so that you can keep quiet. They carry the same money wey you give them, they go give man to borrow from them and between 15 and 25 per cent and they are giving you two per cent and you are happy. Most of you who are seated here, your money is in shaving's account. Even the Dangote that you are praising, he is using your money. Every morning when Nigeria banks wake up, their prayer is that Dangote must not die because he has borrowed money from all of them. He doesn't use his own money. The guy is smart, He uses OPM (Other people's money).
The most exposed man to the bank in Nigeria is Aliko Dangote, he does not use his money, he is using your money and by the way, every time you go to ATM, you put your card and you are checking your balance, 3 million naira. It's a lie. It is not there. They don borrow this man.
You want to taste it? If all of us here who are just with one bank, say GTB, if all of us show up at the GTB Redemption Camp branch to withdraw money, there will not be enough money. It is never there and they have given someone who is giving back to them 25 per cent. In the middle of COVID, every bank in Nigeria declared a profit of no less than 100 billion. So you need to change your mindset.
Growth mindset is an investor's mindset, they trade hours for the future. But savers, they trade hours for money. Many of you are selling your hours but those who have a powerful mindset, they only trade their hours for the future.
Why did it take me three hours, thirty minutes to get here yesterday? Let me shock you, Pastor Belemina did not tell you, after three hours, I had to get out of my nice car that looks like a home which has a fridge, television and jumped on Okada to get here. You want to know why? Because everybody in Nigeria is a person selling their hours for money, 8 hours every day: wake up in the morning you rush to work, you come back home, you have some food, watch television and go to bed. "That's why your papa, your mama and my Papa and Mama, na so they do am so tey they retire". So we jam all the roads with cars. The time has come for some young men and women in this house, while you are in your room, let money be flowing to you. Let income be coming to you through the businesses you will start, the side hustle you will start.
It is not in Nigeria alone; it is the same thing in London. I live in London; I've lived there for 37 years. Saturday mornings on roads are bit okay in London. Monday morning, the roads are jammed, 9 - 5 mentality. Monday mornings, the road are jammed because somebody told us that the only way for you to receive money is through employment. It's okay to have an employment but I came to shake up your generation, to let you know that nobody in Nigeria, not including the President, officially no one in Nigeria is earning a salary of one million dollars. No body! But do you know that Baba Mulika who did not go to the university, who is a contractor, building houses, his profit in one year is more than a million dollars? Meanwhile all of you wear suits and ties, you are speaking English that is breaking the glass. When they ask you, where do you work? You cleared your throat first, "I am the managing director".
- Your story must change.
So Baba Mulika didn't go to school. I live on the area where there are some Baba Mulikas in London. These guys did not have much education, maybe secondary school because in United Kingdom, up to secondary school is compulsory; they go and learn how to set up scaffolding. There is a billionaire in France whose only business is scaffolding. You will look at them and laugh; "look at this guy, scaffolding. You better be careful ooo so that you will not fall". You are sitting inside your own nice conditioned car, whereas if you lose that job, you can't survive more than three months. Most guys with tie around their necks, they cannot survive more than three months but when God gives you your own, your story changes. Not bad to have a job but listen, when you have a job, you are selling your hours for money but when you have your business, you are trading your hours for the future.
You know what? When you sell your hours, they determine how to pay you. If you are worth more than that, you should change your life. You determine your destiny by your future not the hours you sell. Not only do you start a business, you scale it. It took only one person to start McDonald but if he had stayed in one spot flipping the burger, he wouldn't have achieved anything but he scaled it by opening several McDonalds around the world so that there are 25 thousand branches in America alone, 1800 in the United Kingdom. So that whether he is sleeping or he is awake, money is flowing.
Investors accept their consequences. "If it is going to be, it is up to me" But the fixed mindset, the savers, they complain about having no help: "Nobody is there to help me, I don't know anybody in this Nigeria, it is all about long leg". Shock them by succeeding.
Investors, they quit strategically; when it is time to leave anything, they quit strategically. Savers, fixed mindset, they quit early. Little problem: "I give up, I'm tired". They start a business and it is not working for six months, they've already given up. Growth mindsets work with a team, they look for others who are doing the same thing, they want to arrive together. Those who have a fixed mindset, they are individualistic, they don't work with anybody. Investors are asking questions; "what can we do, how can we be better". They come to seminars, they sit down early, they write notes, they get videos like the teachings from this conference. Buy all the teachings and play it several times. You might just be one day in your bathroom and the revelation hits you from what you heard at the Camp
- Somebody's life is going to change.
The focus of my teaching mostly today is about mindset. If I put a million dollars in your hand and your mindset does not change, the million will leave your hand. I don't know if the guy who brought my books brought a book called 33 irrevocable laws of wealth creation. In it I quoted about twenty people in America and Britain who won lottery, millions of dollars but today they are broke. Money is not for spending, it is for multiplication. No money should come to you and go out immediately. It must multiply and if you don't believe me, let me just stop here and give you an illustration so that some of you can wake up. Are you ready?
They used my name to sell Mowe. There were only eight houses in Mowe, I was the first to buy land in Mowe. I ended owing 900 hectares in Mowe. I had no house in Lagos, I used all the money I had to buy 900 hectares (2 Kilometres wide, 5 Kilometres long).. My land starts from Mowe and goes on to Papalato. Ladies and gentlemen, I bought it when I was your age, 31 years ago. I refused to build a house, to buy a nice car because that is the problem of this generation. "First thing na money, first na hummer, owo be lapo mi, dide ko ba mi jo (There is money in my pocket, stand and dance with me)". Yeah, I've bought up to eight hummers and gave away seven but that is not where I started. By the time I bought the hummer, I was worth 100 hummers before I bought one. But this generation, all we want to do is to wear designers, LV shoes and bags and even when you don't have original, you will go and buy fake. That's not how to create wealth.
Comments
Post a Comment